02/05/17: Archons join for St. Photios National Shrine Celebrations

Archons joined in celebrating the 35th anniversary of the dedication of the St. Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine Day during a special banquet held on February 5 at the Casa Monica Hotel in St. Augustine, FL. The event was attended by His Grace Bishop Gregory of Nyssa of the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese who was the keynote speaker. His Grace Bishop Dimitrios of Xanthos and Regional Commander Dr. Manuel N. Tissura bestowed the Saint Photios Medal to Archon Ted P. Pappas and to Archon Christo Daphnides for their 40-plus years of commitment to the St. Photios National Shrine.

Archon Nicholas Furris, who served as Master of Ceremonies at the banquet was also joined by fellow Archons Harry Cavalaris, John Scurtis, George Donkar, John Grossomanides, George Parandes, Dr. Steve Poulos and Philip Yamalis.

The St. Photios National Shrine, located in the Avero House, commemorates the memory of 500 Greeks who landed in St. Augustine, Florida on June 26, 1768 as part of the contingent of indentured servants brought to Florida by Dr. Andrew Turnbull to establish the settlement of New Smyrna.
Archons joined in celebrating the 35th anniversary of the dedication of the St. Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine Day during a special banquet held on February 5 at the Casa Monica Hotel in St. Augustine, FL. The event was attended by His Grace Bishop Gregory of Nyssa of the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese who was the keynote speaker. His Grace Bishop Dimitrios of Xanthos and Regional Commander Dr. Manuel N. Tissura bestowed the Saint Photios Medal to Archon Ted P. Pappas and to Archon Christo Daphnides for their 40-plus years of commitment to the St. Photios National Shrine.

Archon Nicholas Furris, who served as Master of Ceremonies at the banquet was also joined by fellow Archons Harry Cavalaris, John Scurtis, George Donkar, John Grossomanides, George Parandes, Dr. Steve Poulos and Philip Yamalis.

The St. Photios National Shrine, located in the Avero House, commemorates the memory of 500 Greeks who landed in St. Augustine, Florida on June 26, 1768 as part of the contingent of indentured servants brought to Florida by Dr. Andrew Turnbull to establish the settlement of New Smyrna.
© Copyright 2017. Order of Saint Andrew